[Mingw-cross-env-list] IP address for pkg.mxe.cc black holed for ransomw

From: mappu
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] IP address for pkg.mxe.cc black holed for ransomware attack
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 18:09:31 +1200

Hi,

My ISP's upstream has blackholed the server 62.210.92.11 hosting pkg.mxe.cc, because the server was allegedly involved in a ransomware attack. The black holing happened sometime in the last month or thereabouts.

I complained to my ISP, but their upstream would not whitelist the IP address until the server owner can verify that they are "no longer compromised".

Well i googled the IP address and i think this server also hosts some TOR stuff, so a ransomware attack or two is probably not unusual. But the end result is I am subject to this unfair collateral blocking by my ISP's upstream...

This is encroaching on your time and i do really appreciate the pkg.mxe.cc service. But would the owner of this server be interested in either (A) getting in touch with me privately for traceroutes && details on responding to the abuse complaint, or (B) separating the pkg.mxe.cc service IP address from the TOR service IP address?

Thanks

mappu