Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] How to install pre-compiled MXE packages?

From: hello
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] How to install pre-compiled MXE packages?
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 12:33:07 +0800 (CST)

Thank you very much for your reply. But I still got questions, here it is:

when I unpack one pre-compiled package, take "mxe-i686-w64-mingw32.shared-zlib_1.2.8.tar.xz" for example,
I got directories and files like this:

├── mxe-i686-w64-mingw32.shared-zlib_1.2.8.tar.xz
└── usr
    └── i686-w64-mingw32.shared
        ├── bin
        │   └── zlib1.dll
        ├── include
        │   ├── zconf.h
        │   └── zlib.h
        ├── installed
        │   └── zlib
        └── lib
            ├── libz.dll.a
            └── pkgconfig
                └── zlib.pc

As you said in last email, I should move the "usr" directory and all the staff in "usr" directory to "/usr/lib/mxe"
Is that right?
And next I should "/usr/lib/mxe/bin" to the PATH, right?

03/03/17 09:35:32, Nagaev Boris <address@hidden>:
Hi

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 4:54 AM, Hello World <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I've tried to use git and make MXE, but got lots of errors.

Answered in that thread:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2017-03/msg00003.html

> So I think maybe I could use the precompiled MXE packages from pkg.mxe.cc
> I've downloaded all static and shared tar archives, but I don't know what's next?
> Shall I just uncompress all tar archives to some directory? Or there's some other steps I should do?
> Someone help me, please!!
> Though I've sent several mails to the maillist and got no reply, I still try again and hope someone can help me.

Since you use Ubuntu, you can try instructions for Debian packages
instead (the packages from the APT should work in Ubuntu as well as in
Debian). Step-by-step instructions can be found on http://pkg.mxe.cc/
(scroll to "Debian packages").

Tar archives were introduced to support systems with other package
management tools (like Gentoo). If you want to use them, you have to
download the needed packages (with all dependencies, which can be
found manually in source files in src/*,mk) and unpack them to
/usr/lib/mxe. You has to install MXE requirements
http://mxe.cc/#requirements-debian to start using the unpacked
packages. If you install Debian packages (see above) all requirements
are installed as dependencies.

--
Best regards,
Boris Nagaev