Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt texttospeech

From: Mark Hayden
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt texttospeech
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 10:19:12 -0800

Thanks for the additional information and your help.

I tried copying the SAPI plugin DLL into our package from one of the Qt binary
distributions (msvc2013_64).  The plugin seems to load correctly at runtime but
on the machines we test, the SAPI engine reports there are 0 locales and 0
voices.  I don’t know if the issue is in MXE, Qt, or Windows.

If anyone else has experience getting Qt TextToSpeech to work with MXE, please
let me know.

Alternatively, if someone with the required know-how is interested in proposing
a small paid project to add Qt TextToSpeech to MXE so that it works “out of the
box” from MXE, please contact me directly with details of a proposal.  I hope
it is ok to make a request like this on this mailing list, and I apologize in
advance if not.

best, Mark