Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gtk3 and gtkmm3

From: Nagaev Boris
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gtk3 and gtkmm3
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 10:53:32 +0300

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 12:25 AM, Gerardo Ballabio
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I downloaded your 3-gigabytes tarball, only to find that I can't use it
> because it's built for 64-bits architecture, mine is 32-bits.
>
> Instead, I found that the missing symbol listed in the original report is
> defined in libfreetype.a:
>
> $ ./usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32.static-nm
> usr/i686-w64-mingw32.static/lib/libfreetype.a | grep FT_Get_BDF_Property
> 00000090 T _FT_Get_BDF_Property
>
> If that symbol isn't present in your build of libfreetype.a, then the
> problem is with freetype-bootstrap. Please check.
>
> I extracted the freetype source tree and found that FT_Get_BDF_Property is
> indeed declared in include/ftbdf.h and defined in file src/base/ftbdf.c.
> There don't seem to be any conditional compiler directives in those files,
> so I can't see why that function would not be compiled.
>
> I compared your build sequence with that produced by "make pango", in order
> to see if I could spot any missing dependencies. But in fact, "make pango"
> builds *less* packages before freetype-bootstrap (after gcc it builds only
> three: bzip2, zlib and libpng). Could it be that freetype-boostrap needs to
> be built *before* some of the other packages (that would make it a
> dependency of the other package, instead of the other way around)? I can't
> quite understand why it would be so, but here's the list, in case you want
> to try:
>
> xz pixman pcre lzo libsigc++ libiconv libffi jpeg icu4c expat libjpeg-turbo
> libxml2 gettext tiff jasper dbus

I have built pango with `make pango` [1] and compared the log with the
log of build-pkg [2]

Here is the list of extra packages which are built by build-pkg before
pango and aren't build by `make pango`:

a52dec alure apr apr-util armadillo aspell assimp atk atkmm bfd blas
boost box2d bullet cairomm cblas ccfits cfitsio check chipmunk
cminpack cppunit crystalhd cunit curl dcmtk dlfcn-win32 eigen exiv2
faad2 fdk-aac fftw file flac flann fltk freeglut freeimage freetds
fribidi gc gdb gdk-pixbuf geos giflib glew glfw2 glfw3 glibmm gmp
gnutls gsl gsoap gstreamer gta guile hdf5 hunspell id3lib ilmbase isl
itk jansson jasper jpeg json-c jsoncpp json_spirit lame lapack lcms1
lcms lensfun levmar libaacs libarchive libbs2b libcaca libcdio
libcdio-paranoia libcomm14cux libcroco libdca libdnet libdvbpsi
libdvdcss libdvdnav libdvdread libepoxy libevent libf2c libftdi1
libftdi libgcrypt libgda libgdamm libgee libgeotiff libgnurx libgomp
libgpg_error libgsasl libgsf libharu libiberty libical libidn
libircclient libjpeg-turbo liblaxjson liblo liblqr-1 libltdl libmad
libmicrohttpd libmikmod libmng libmodplug libmpcdec libntlm liboauth
libodbc++ liboil libpaper libplist librtmp libsamplerate libshout
libsigc++ libsndfile libssh2 libsvm libunistring libusb1 libusb
libvpx libwebp libwebsockets libxml2 libxml++ libxslt libzip llvm
log4cxx luabind lua luajit matio mdbtools minizip mman-win32 mpc mpfr
mpg123 muparser mxml ncurses netpbm nettle nlopt nsis ocaml-core
ocaml-findlib ocaml-flexdll ocaml-native ocaml-xml-light ogg old
openal openblas opencore-amr openexr openjpeg openmp-validation
openssl opusfile opus pdcurses pdflib_lite pfstools physfs picomodel
pire plibc plib plotutils poco polarssl popt portablexdr portaudio
portmidi postgresql primesieve proj protobuf qdbm qtbase qt readline
rubberband rucksack sdl2_gfx sdl2 sdl2_image sdl2_mixer sdl2_net
sdl2_ttf sdl_gfx sdl sdl_image sdl_mixer sdl_net sdl_rwhttp sdl_sound
sdl_ttf sfml smpeg2 smpeg sox speex sqlite suitesparse taglib tclap
teem termcap theora tiff tinyxml2 tinyxml tre twolame vamp-plugin-sdk
vcdimager vidstab vigra vmime vo-aacenc vo-amrwbenc vorbis wavpack
wget winpcap winpthreads wxwidgets x264 xapian-core xerces xmlrpc-c
xmlwrapp xorg-macros xvidcore xz yasm zziplib

One of these packages seems to break something pango depends on.

[1]
https://gist.github.com/starius/6d4580f5d7fdc55eeb76#file-history-of-success-log
[2]
https://gist.github.com/starius/6d4580f5d7fdc55eeb76#file-history-of-failure-log