Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] which Ubuntu version for MXE master branch?

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] which Ubuntu version for MXE master branch?
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 11:24:27 +0200

Hamza Alloush schrieb:
> I would like to report that i have succesfully built gdb, the 'makeinfo'
> requirement in the log, led into a google search result that it's part of the
> package "texinfo"
> this info was per:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/338317/what-is-makeinfo-and-how-do-i-get-it
> so all it took is
> $ sudo apt-get install texinfo
> to get it! now gdb is built, and the compilation is going foreward

I'd like to hear other opinions before adding that to the
dependencies.

We usually add configure/make variables that ensure the docs are not
(re)built, as that easily becomes a rabbit hole where you finally
depend on all documentation generators including a full LaTeX suite. :-)

Is there any chance you can solve this with an addition make variable
or a tiny "touch" command of the right file(s) before the build?

Regards,