Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Someone experienced with ldns?

From: Moritz Bunkus
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Someone experienced with ldns?
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 08:40:47 +0100

Hey,

argument order is important during linking. If you specify the library
before an object file that uses symbols from the library then the linker
doesn't know yet that you need those symbols and will therefore not
include them.

> PATH="/home/de/mxe/usr/bin:$PATH"
> /home/de/small/temp_small/cryptos/HFC_windows/mxe/usr/bin/i686-pc-mingw32-gcc-4.8.1
> -lregex test.c
> /tmp/ccWVANE9.o:test.c:(.text+0x16): undefined reference to
> `re_compile_fastmap'

So swap test.c and -lregex and this will work. I suppose all of your
other examples will work with similar changes as well.

Kind regards,
mosu