Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] update on pull request

From: Rashad M
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] update on pull request
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 14:17:00 +0100

Hello,

I am getting below error

 make cleanup-style
make: execvp: bash: Argument list too long
make: *** [cleanup-style] Error 127

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 8:00 AM, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
Rashad M schrieb:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 6:15 AM, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:
> > - merge conflicts so it can’t be tested easily
> > - whitespace and patch headers: there shouldn’t be any tabs and some
> > changes like goes.mk do nothing other than introduce them (try `make
> > cleanup-style` and review the “creating packages” docs [1] as a starting
> > point)
> > - squashing commits to single units of change (“add package openjpeg”,
> > “gdal: enable shared and openjpeg support”, “itk: update, enable shared and
> > libpng tiff jpeg expat support" etc.)
> >

> I didn't understand this part. how to squash into single unit of change?

An experienced Git user usually does that with "git rebase -i", also
known as "rewriting history".  This is explained quite well in the Pro
Git book: http://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Tools-Rewriting-History

However, in your case I recommend to stick with Tony's advice, which
requires less special knowledge about Git:

> > I’d recommend starting with a single diff against master and selectively
> > staging each set of changes. Search for help on interactive staging [2] for
> > pointers on dealing with multiple changes to the same file (say index.html).
> >
> > [1] http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/mxe/mxe/master/index.html#creating-packages
> > [2] http://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Tools-Interactive-Staging

Regards,

Regards,