Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gnutls doesn't build

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gnutls doesn't build
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 19:34:07 +0200 (CEST)

>> ???  `gnulib' is a git repository that can't be installed, AFAIK.
>
> It is packaged in Debian at least:
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/gnulib

Interesting.  Thanks, I wasn't aware of this.  Anyways, I use the git
repository directly.

>> I have this repository on my harddisk (always up to date), however,
>> the binary `gnulib-tool' is not in the path.  I see no connection
>> to the problem with gnutls.  In particular, I haven't added any
>> flag to mxe that might point to the gnulib repository.
>
> I suspect when autoreconf is run, gnulib-tool removes build/snippets
> and regenerate them, but not all of them, and cause issues.

Maybe, but I think I'm not affected by this very problem.  I rather
suspect that due to incompatible m4 macros the `configure' script
isn't built correctly (as shown by the many warning messages in my log
file), messing up with build/snippets.

    Werner