[Mingw-cross-env-list] glib fails to build

From: Purvin Pandit
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] glib fails to build
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 14:52:32 -0400

Hi

I am trying build Bino3D for windows and the 1st step is to build MXE.
   $ git clone -b master https://github.com/mxe/mxe.git
   $ cd mxe
   $ make gettext pthreads ffmpeg libass openal glew qt nsis

I am trying to build it on Ubuntu Server 14.0.4 64-bit.

After executing the make command, it builds for a while and then I get the following error.

[build]    glib

Failed to build package glib!
checking for libiconv_open in -liconv... yes
checking for ZLIB... no
checking for inflate in -lz... no
configure: error: *** Working zlib library and headers not found ***
make[1]: *** [build-only-glib_i686-pc-mingw32.static] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/mxe'

Can someone please tell me how to get past this? If there is any other information you need please let me know.

Thanks,
-Purvin