Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Apache web server

From: Timothy Gu
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Apache web server
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 14:40:14 -0700

On Jun 24, 2014 11:22 AM, "LM" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I needed to build a web server that would run on Windows for a
> project.  Checked mxe source at github for mk scripts and the only web
> server I saw mentioned was libmicrohttpd.  I noticed apr and apr-util
> were listed, but not Apache (httpd).  I think I tried out about a half
> dozen web servers to see what would be the easiest to build for
> Windows and would still have decent support for web development (cgi,
> etc.).  Apache looked the most promising to me.  Would be curious if
> other developers on the list ever have a similar need and what web
> servers they use.  I did manage to get a static build of Apache for
> Windows (but I built in directly on Windows using MinGW and msys, not
> with a cross-compiler).  Was wondering if there would be any interest
> in attempting to turn my Windows build scripts and patches into an MXE
> mk file to cross-compile a static version of Apache.

In our new package guidelines [1], it is said that we only accept libraries. Apache httpd is not a library, so we may or may not accept it. However, I personally think that binary program packages are equally important, and our policies may change in the future.

So why don't you post your build scripts on e.g. gist.github.com, and we'll see what we can do with it.

Timothy