Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gnutls doesn't build

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gnutls doesn't build
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 17:09:36 +1000

On 17 Jun 2014, at 15:43, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Either:
>>
>>    make libtool MXE_TARGETS=`ext/config.guess`
>>
>> or
>>
>>    make build-requirements
>>
>> will install mxe versions known to be working that don’t conflict
>> with your normal system toolchain.
>
> I tried the latter, and it worked fine.  Perhaps you could mention
> this target in `index.html' – it's not obvious to call that in
> situations like mine.

It’s documented for OSX [1], but still experimental and it’s not clear that
it’s the right approach to the problem [2]. We don’t want to duplicate the work
of all the various packaging systems, but it does seem to work well in practice.

[1]
http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/mxe/mxe/master/index.html#requirements-macos
[2] https://github.com/mxe/mxe/issues/145