Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Could you provide MXE packages for dvdread an

From: Timothy Gu
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Could you provide MXE packages for dvdread and dvdnav?
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 11:00:36 -0700

(CC'ing the mailing list too. Hope it's OK for you)

On Mar 22, 2014 12:15 AM, "B. Lee" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I was looking for MXE packages for dvdread and dvdnav, and I've found
> your old pull reqeust about DVD and Blu-ray packages (Nov 2013):
> https://github.com/mxe/mxe/pull/270
> and, you mentioned the issue about dvdread and dvdnav.
>
> Now, new versions has been released in Dec 2013(see the news in
> http://dvdnav.mplayerhq.hu/), so I think the issue should be fixed
> already.
>

> Do you happen to still have any plan to provide dvdread and dvdnav package?
> It would be nice if you could provide them.

Yes.

If you follow libdvdnav's development closely, you'll know that they recently switched to use a Git repository at http://git.videolan.org/?p=libdvdread.git;a=summary. The new repo contains many changes that are very valuable, e.g. eliminating crashes and unnecessary asserts. I think it is much better if we use the new repo instead of the December release.

That's why I planned to use Tony's solution in the ticket: ask https://github.com/mirror/mirror to mirror the repo and use GitHub to provide static snapshots that can be used in MXE.

Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to do this lately, but I will as soon as I get a chance. In the meantime anybody with interest in packaging is encouraged to do so.

> Please forgive me for any inconvenience by this E-mail.

Not at all.

Thank you for being interested in this wonderful project.

Timothy