Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt compilation options

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt compilation options
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 16:05:06 +1000

On 08/08/2013, at 4:39 AM, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:

> Tony Theodore schrieb:
>> On 07/08/2013, at 2:24 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> No.  Since recompiling everything is quite time consuming on my old
>>> laptop,
>>
>> To avoid recompiling mxe for simple changes (like the foo-config symlinks),
>> run:
>>
>> make qt -t
>
> Cool trick! I didn't know that.

I stumbled across it trying to figure out how to exclude the dependents of
packages (better than the touch usr/*/installed/* trick since it uses make's
logic to be selective).

> Would you mind documenting
> this on our website? (Or is it already mentioned there?)

Done in stable and master (with fixes for the validator!):

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/4c8261410d2e5c709f36bd3601bb27dc349a91d5

I also added some notes about the "-k" option and using settings.mk for JOBS
and a local package list.