Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt compilation options

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt compilation options
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 06:24:40 +0200 (CEST)

> Hello,
> have you tried to set
>
> QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE
>
> in file settings.mk ?

No.  Since recompiling everything is quite time consuming on my old
laptop, I would like to have confirmation that I'm doing the right
thing.  Looking up the Qt documentation, I can't find anywhere a hint
that QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE outside of a compiler specific `qmake.conf'
works at all, so I'm a bit reluctant.

Similarly, there is nowhere a hint in the mxe documentation how I can
set additional compiler flags to get size-optimized libraries in
general.  Modifying CFLAGS globally seems to be a great taboo, and the
mailing list archive is surprisingly silent on this topic.  Since some
.mk files set CFLAGS the hard way (e.g. in `twolame.mk'), not allowing
for any customization, it seems to be unsupported, which is a pity.

I fully agree that allowing custom CFLAGS value might spoil the
integrity of mxe due to probably nasty side effects.  However, it
would be nice if simple things like `-Os -momit-leaf-frame-pointer'
worked.

    Werner