Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Tutorial buglet?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Tutorial buglet?
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 00:06:28 +0200 (CEST)

> - or, copy freetype-config in
> usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-freetype-config, and refer to it. Note that
> autotools and configure.ac scripts often use commands that will
> first try to use i686-w64-mingw32-freetype-config, if available, and
> then freetype-config otherwise, it you tell ./configure that you are
> cross building.

I think this is solution to go.  Looking into <mxe>/usr/bin, I see
that some config files like `libgcrypt-config' have a proper softlink,
created by mxe's `libgcrypt.mk':

  ln -sf '$(PREFIX)/$(TARGET)/bin/libgcrypt-config' \
         '$(PREFIX)/bin/$(TARGET)-libgcrypt-config'

but for many others it is missing.  So maybe similar lines should be
added for all such config files.

    Werner