[Mingw-cross-env-list] Does QtMultimedia work for anyone?

From: Nikos Chantziaras
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Does QtMultimedia work for anyone?
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 04:21:02 +0300

Since I'm not able to figure out how to get gstreamer to work with MXE, I'm now trying Qt5 and its multimedia module. So I've build that and then compile the two example programs that play video. Neither one works. The error message says:

  The QMediaPlayer object does not have a valid service.
  Please check the media service plugins are installed.

What is missing? From the build log of "make qtmultimedia" one would guess that it's build with DirectShow support:

  Checking for openal... no
  Checking for directshow... yes
  Checking for wmsdk... no
  Checking for wmp... no