Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] i686-pc-mingw32-qmake does not exist anymore?

From: Nikos Chantziaras
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] i686-pc-mingw32-qmake does not exist anymore?
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2013 02:21:35 +0300

On 02/06/13 02:18, Mark Brand wrote:
On Sunday 02 June 2013 01:54:59 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
On 02/06/13 01:49, Mark Brand wrote:
On Sunday 02 June 2013 01:19:12 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
My MXE installation is very old and I thought I'll give a recent one a
shot.  I've built Qt4 but there's no "i686-pc-mingw32-qmake" executable.

    Is this intended?

Yes, because qt (Qt 4) and qt5 each has its own qmake. Just invoke the
desired qmake directly or put its bin in your path.

The docs will probably need to change for this.  It still refers to the
old name

That's already done, but the change is in the master branch, therefore not
visible on the website which gets its content from index.html in the "stable"
branch.

.  Although it might be a good idea to introduce
i686-pc-mingw32-qmake4 and i686-pc-mingw32-qmake5 symlinks (idea stolen
from how Gentoo solves the problem in such cases.)

Something like that would be possible, but it would have to consider the new
multi-target situation. Do you think the added convenience would be worth the
trouble and complexity?

Probably not. People can add those symlinks themselves, that's no problem at all.