Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Harfbuzz failing to build

From: Ilari Liusvaara
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Harfbuzz failing to build
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 18:28:01 +0300

On Sun, Apr 07, 2013 at 01:35:18AM +1100, Tony Theodore wrote:

> I suspect the culprit is this:
>
> checking for ICU... no
> checking for icu-config... /usr/bin/icu-config
> checking for ICU by using icu-config fallback… yes
>
> Can you check if there's some sort of explicit "--disable-icu" configure
> option?

Oh. All of these seem to warn about unrecognized option:
--without-icu
--without-icu-uc
--disable-icu
--disable-icu-uc

But maybe I'm using those wrong, given that I usually don't use --without-*
or --disable-* with configure scripts...

The configure script is pretty thick, but I don't see any option
that would disable probing for ICU (looks like Harfbuzz can build without
ICU, but I don't see a way to force that).

-Ilari