Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] wxWidgets for x86_64-w64-mingw32 issue after

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] wxWidgets for x86_64-w64-mingw32 issue after upgrade to gcc 4.8
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 20:33:35 +1100

On 04/04/2013, at 7:05 PM, Alois Schloegl <address@hidden> wrote:

> After pulling the master branch and trying to built multi-target,
> wxWidgets 2.9.4 build fails with the error message below.
>
> Compilation was working before this pull (with the attached patch);
> Perhaps this issue is related to the change of gcc-4.7 to 4.8.

Hi Alois,

The gcc update caused the mingw-w64 runtime build to fail so I switched back to
using the svn trunk version. This causes a few things to break (gtk2 is failing
with a similar libuuid issue), but my investigations have been fruitless so far.

> Do you have any suggestions how to fix this ?

I'd probably suggest reverting to the commit just prior to the gcc update (I'll
most likely revert gcc and mingw-w64 on the weekend):

git checkout bbb9221

as the new trunk version is also no longer able to build i686-w64 and
x86_64-w64 targets side by side. I'll have to re-think the directory layout to
accommodate building with the "--with-sysroot" option and the LFS-like option
mentioned in [1].

[1] https://github.com/mxe/mxe/issues/145