Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Updated package harfbuzz-0.9.14 needs an upda

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Updated package harfbuzz-0.9.14 needs an updated winnt.h.
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 16:01:16 +1100

On 27/03/2013, at 5:09 PM, Niels Kristian Bech Jensen <address@hidden> wrote:

I have started to check out some of the updated packages after a 'make update'. One of the things I have found is that harfbuzz-0.9.14 needs the MemoryBarrier() macro to be defined (normally defined in winnt.h for the Windows 2003/Vista API). I have attached a patch with a crude work-around for this, and a patch for gtk2-2.4.17.

Thanks Niels, both seem to work correctly:

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/0d92e2fe7edb7c37f862f2a34ee69e3c40cdd448
https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/e85061b94c5883041384512df66a8d08009a24a3

The MemoryBarrier issue has come up before [1] and the mingw.org team don't seem too interested in fixing it [2].

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2011-09/msg00036.html
[2] http://sourceforge.net/p/mingw/bugs/1586/