Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Spawning processes with g_spawn.. fails

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Spawning processes with g_spawn.. fails
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 17:51:00 +0000

On Thu, 2013-02-14 at 17:56 +1100, Tony Theodore wrote:
> On 14/02/2013, at 4:27 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Thanks! That builds just fine. I have asked on the gtk-devel list where
> > glib would like to find it, as I cannot get it found at runtime (putting
> > it in the path)
I sniffed about in the source code and found out it was trying to use
the second of the two helper functions, installing that all is well.

> It defeats the purpose of a static build to rely on other executables, and
> I'm not sure about the conversation that leads to such a design decision -
> but I've given up trying to understand glib.
Perhaps static building is not something they have thought about.

We are still not quite though with this build - the libevince is also
asking for a .dll, ignoring static versions of the pdf backend which mxe
has built...

Thanks again for the quick response.

Richard