Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Geda/PCB build (was: Request for OSS support)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Geda/PCB build (was: Request for OSS support)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 17:34:50 +1100

On 14/02/2013, at 3:00 PM, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:

On 14/02/2013, at 2:45 PM, Enoch <address@hidden> wrote:

I tried to build geda-pcb (latest git stuff) and libgd gave trouble during configure as
before:
[…]
configure: error: Your gd installation does not appear to include gif support.
You may need to update your installation of gd or disable
gif export with --disable-gif

Okay, I'll see about adding gif support to gd, but this may not work seamlessly since giflib5.

In the mean time, can you try the `--disable-gif` option and see how the build progresses?

gd has built-in gif support and doesn't use giflib. I've added a test to confirm this:

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/eea39f361c7a1ff7367d783e83fedd0501292a36

In addition to trying the `--disable-gif` configure option, could you send the config.log file that is generated without the option - I'd like to see how it's checking for gif support.

Thanks,