Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Add package NetCDF and its prerequisites HDF4

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Add package NetCDF and its prerequisites HDF4, HDF5, and portablexdr
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 01:00:10 +1100

On 04/12/2012, at 5:11 AM, Martin Lambers <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the attached patch adds the NetCDF package and its prerequisites.
> It also enables the HDF4, HDF5, and NetCDF drivers in GDAL.

Thanks Martin, I just checked it in:

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/a36c93db651299dcdab5c7625e388b0ce7f78b02

I was having problems with hdf5 as it seems to want to create and run a code
generator that detects platform-specific features. Wine *may* work for this,
but we don't want to make that a requirement and I'm fairly sure that if you
tried cross-compiling from a 64-bit machine you wouldn't see any build errors,
but the resulting binaries would be suspicious.

I ended up running the generators on a win-32 machine, patched in the created
sources, and disabled the generator build steps:

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/3b80e4667a2bcbf9274b93337c443c75795b2dfa

I'm not sure if that's the best approach, let me know if you have any ideas and
if it still works for you.