Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Mingw-cross-env-list Digest, Vol 31, Issue 36

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Mingw-cross-env-list Digest, Vol 31, Issue 36
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 08:04:49 +0200

René Berber schrieb:
> but I just changed index.html and make still
> re-builds binutils, mingwrt, and others (I don't know why, nothing
> changed there) and the wrong gcc (original index has version 4.7.0,
> make was building 4.6.3, and I don't want either of them, but after
> changing to the version I want make is still building 4.6.3).
>
> My confusion is, if make is not getting the version from index.html,
> then from where?

The main Makefile takes all version information from index.html,
but the checksums are taken from src/*.mk so that changes will still
result in a rebuild of the respective package.

> Adding to that, it seems something is re-creating index.html and/or
> gcc.mk (no, its not mercurial, or at least I didn't run it).
>
> Right now I'm trying to go back to an old version, 2347 didn't work,
> which is strange.

I can't reproduce this issue. First, nothing is changing index.html,
except "make update". Second, even if index.html was changed, this
would not impose any rebuilds (only changes to *.mk cause rebuilds):

    $ hg id
    268ab7fb90bb tip
    $ make
    make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
    $ touch index.html
    $ make
    make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
    $ touch src/xmlwrapp.mk
    $ make
    [build]    xmlwrapp
    [done]     xmlwrapp
    $ make
    make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

I don't know what went wrong, but note that I introduced some
other organizatorial changes which changed lots of *.mk files.
If you want to prevent MXE from rebuilding anything, you can
use the following workaround:

    touch usr/installed/*   # Use with care!

Otherwise, I recommend:

    hg pull -u
    make clean
    make