[Mingw-cross-env-list] mingw-w64 and mingw-cross-env

From: William
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] mingw-w64 and mingw-cross-env
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 16:31:58 +0100

Hi all,

After big efforts I managed to start a "mingw-w64-cross-env"
platform, that is to say a mingw-cross-env directory with modified
*.mk compilation instructions to support mingw-w64 instead of
mingw.org. It compiles gtk2, cairo, freeglut, and many more libs.

- mingw-cross-env is great because there are already hundreds of
already supported cross-compiled packages, and a nice tutorial to
get started. It is easy to use : download, then run "make"
- mingw-w64 is great because you can compile either 64 or 32 bits
windows binaries, and it is easy to switch from 32 to 64.

I think it would be very nice for the community to make this work
available, either from mingw-cross-env website or from mingw-w64
website. What do you think of it? The idea would be to maintain *.mk
files to compile packages for mingw-w64. They are often very similar
to the ones from mingw-cross-env.

To Sylvain :
A merge of the projects seems not easy. base packages for binutils, gcc, mingw
headers
are different. Then, there is always little differences between the two sets of
.mk files.
Instead, I would see a parallel branch, but with links and support from the
mingw-cross-env
structure (svn, webpage, mailing list, ...)

Regards,
William