Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libssh2 using export table?

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libssh2 using export table?
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 10:41:08 +0100

Moritz Bunkus schrieb:
> It turns out that libssh2.h needs either LIBSSH2_API defined for each
> compilation (unreasonable to require of client code) or a patch.
> Otherwise it will define LIBSSH2_API to "declspec(dllexport)" causing
> the export tables to be created.

Since libssh2 is meant to be used with pkg-config,
wouldn't it be cleaner to add something like

         address@hidden@

to the "Cflags:" section of the project's *.pc.in file?

The advantage would be that we could try to push that
patch to upstream, such that future versions will work
with static and shared builds out of the box.

Also, there's another patch in the repository:

      src/libssh2-1-fixes.patch

which should be offered to upstream, as it corrects
lower/uppercase for some include files.

Greets,