Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] package proposal: cmake

From: Matthias Gehre
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] package proposal: cmake
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 13:56:08 +0100

Hi,

I use cmake with mingw-cross-env for my project (depending on ffmpeg,
glib, gtk2 and some more)
and I never had problems
with using

cmake -G'Unix Makefiles'
-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=../mingw-cross-env/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/share/cmake/mingw-cross-env-conf.cmake
../src
make

I wonder what kind of problem your approach solves?
I can see that for some packages custom Find*.cmake
are needed to make static linking work, but why install a custom cmake command?

Best wishes
Matthias