Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Package proposal

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Package proposal
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 09:28:23 +0100

Martin Müllenhaupt wrote:
Hi,

On 10/31/2011 11:43 AM, Mark Brand wrote:
Could you also make sure that the other two patches are submitted
upstream if that's appropriate?
I submitted another bug for the second patch:
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=12688

The first patch is the outcome of a bunch of test executables created by
the TRY_RUN cmake command. The wiki
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling says that "You can then
try to run this executable manually on the actual target platform and
check the results". I did that using wine, not an actual win32 installation.

Martin Müllenhaupt

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the clarification. I added the link to the patch file.

It would also be nice to have a "test-vtk.exe" program for vtk. The main reason is to demonstrate that linking works. Many of the other .mk files build these. A few are example programs that come with the package, but most are just minimal programs.

I noticed some linking problems already in VTK/Examples/GUI/Qt. The generated makefiles are missing the -llcms dependency for -lmng, and -ljpeg is missing for -ltiff. Also saw a missing -lbz2 somewhere.

Mark