Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] binutils.mk possible fix

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] binutils.mk possible fix
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:47:56 +1100

On 30 October 2011 23:31, Stjepan Henc <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Firstly I apologize if someone else encountered the following issue before I
> did.
>
> I just downloaded mingw-cross-env from
>
> https://bitbucket.org/vog/mingw-cross-env/downloads/mingw-cross-env-2.21.tar.gz
>
> following the tutorial on the website, extracted & moved everything to
> /opt/mingw
>
> After running make everything went fine until I got the message saying that
> the binutils package has the wrong checksum. Apparently the package was
> renamed from version 2.21 to 2.21.1 or something and was maybe even moved
> around. I got it to continue compiling by changing the following 2 lines in
> src/binutils.mk
>
> $(PKG)_VERSION  := 2.21.1
> $(PKG)_CHECKSUM := 525255ca6874b872540c9967a1d26acfbc7c8230
>
> Anyway, the official release doesn't currently work, I hope it will fixed
> soon.

Thanks for the feedback, there was a licensing issue which caused the
binutils project to re-release some of their tarballs with some
missing files [1]. This has been fixed in the development and stable
[2] versions.

[1] http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2011-08/msg00198.html
[2]
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/raw-file/tip/doc/index.html#development