Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Broken Links

From: Daniel Stonier
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Broken Links
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 19:10:10 +0900

On 23 October 2011 20:51, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:
On 23 October 2011 16:34, Daniel Stonier <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> Thanks Tony,
> Just as an aside, I just set up a jenkins server at our company and am
> putting the ros' mingw_cross build (its only building qt, boost and log4cxx)
> on that as a weekly automated build to check for breakages. Maybe that's the
> sort of thing that the whole stable branch could make use of?
>
> I can't make the server public, but I could run a build on stable testing
> all its packages. I'm not overly familiar with it yet, but I suspect it
> could easily be set up with email reports.

That sounds very interesting, and should pick up issues sooner. Are
you thinking of downloading the packages as well? Maybe we could add
some sort of "make check-urls" target that tests if the package is
available without actually downloading it.

Yes, doing the whole schebang, link to url, download, compile. Since its just one platform and its already stable, probably not terribly relevant doing the compile step, and as you mention, if there was a check-urls, it would even save the download bandwidth. If you can hook it up with a check-urls, I'll set it up with email reports. Would you also like to have it check run a test for 'tip' as well?

Daniel.

Phone : +82-10-5400-3296 (010-5400-3296)
Home: http://snorriheim.dnsdojo.com/
Yujin Robot: http://www.yujinrobot.com/
Embedded Ros : http://www.ros.org/wiki/eros
Embedded Control Libraries: http://snorriheim.dnsdojo.com/redmine/wiki/ecl