Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libssh2

From: Paul Crown
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] libssh2
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 14:43:17 -0500

On 10/20/2011 12:08 PM, Tony Theodore wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On 18 October 2011 03:17, Paul Crown <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> The mingw-cross-env-list has every package I need except libssh2 and
>> mysqlpp.  Also, I like a newer version of wxwidgets.
>>
>> I use wxWidgets and Code::Blocks on Xubuntu amd64.  I use
>> mingw-cross-env to create win32 executables.
>>
>> I have attached my changes to use libssh2 and wxwidgets-2.9.2.  If this
>> is not appropriate, let me know, and I won't repeat in the future.
>
> Thanks for the contribution! I just added libssh2:
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/4d4d7baa22e3
>
> along with filling in some missing dependencies, adding a test
> program, and sorting the url in the update macro:
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/756a449d0766
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/a7b8f26a9b2b
>
> Please check if the openssl and zlib requirements are appropriate, and
> see if you can find the time to submit the patch upstream.
>
> I didn't include the wxwidgets update; we usually only track release
> versions, not development branches.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony

Ok, I applied those patches and tested with dependencies.  While all
works, I noticed that the dependencies that I am using are from the
development version of Mingw-cross-env, and not the last stable. Which I
guess is alright if libssh2 is not included until next stable release.

Works with dependancies:

gcc     4.6.1
openssl 1.0.0e
zlib    1.2.5

Also, I am afraid I haven't learned the vocabulary of "submit the patch
upstream".  Can you point me to what steps are required?

Thanks.

Paul