Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Separate build rules (was Re: Mingw64)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Separate build rules (was Re: Mingw64)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 23:26:28 +1000

On 12 September 2011 02:22, Martin Gerhardy <address@hidden> wrote:
>> [...]
>> > BTW: The 64bit stuff is awesome.
>>
>> It is quite amazing, and a testament to the design of Volker's
>> Makefile - change a few lines and then spend time on the actual build
>> issues. Can you imagine how much work this would be using the distro
>> cross-compilers (Debian, Fedora, and OpenSuse all have them), or
>> attempting native Windows builds (the usual "works for me" blog
>> posts)?
>>
>> The main problem for me is that Windows itself gets less interesting
>> every time I think about it, as you do around this time of year ;)
>>
>> Are there any particular packages you'd like to see supported and can
>> you provide testing feedback from actual Win64 systems?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Tony
>>

> Hi Tony,
>
> any chance that you are willing to merge your mce-multi-target branch
> with latest mingw-cross-env upstream?

Hi Martin,

I'll have a look at it again and formulate a proper merge proposal. A
fair amount of time has passed, and we may be able to use the
mingw-w64 32-bit headers instead of the mingw32 ones (though we can
actually use both if you have clock cycles to burn).

There is another option - use make's "include" functionality to
override some specific rules. This isn't as silly as it sounds, make
has some deep magic that is more robust than merging.

This is better left to early in the release cycle (see next message).