Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Failed to update xine-lib package

From: Alexandre Bacquart
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Failed to update xine-lib package
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 09:01:05 +0200

On 07/09/2011 03:31 PM, Volker Grabsch wrote:
Alexandre Bacquart schrieb:
But during the update of MCE, there was a little problem I'm just
wondering about. Basically, I made:

$ hg pull -u

$ make update

Please note that "make update" is _not_ meant to be used by end users.

Upgrading package versions always requires some testing, and often
requires some hand-work, too. The "make update" mechanism is our
attempt to automate as much as possible of this nasty task. Usually,
a mingw-cross-env developer issues "make update" for all packages
(or just for some subset of it), fixes remaining issues, and uploads
those changes to the repository (or proposes it to the mailing list).

Of course, you are welcome to help us with that task, if you like.

I already added tinyxml when I started working with MCE...it was not much, but in case I add other packages I'll be glad to share it again. After all, that's how open source gets along :)

However, if you just want to get a working mingw-cross-env with the
latest roughly checked versions of all packages, a simple "hg pull -u"
is sufficient.
Ok, thanks for clarifying that point. I'll try to remember next time I just want to make it work.

--
Alexandre