[Mingw-cross-env-list] dynamic/shared building also?

From: Jonathan Greig
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] dynamic/shared building also?
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 20:34:57 -0500

Hello,
I found out about the mingw-cross-env recently and it looks very well thought out and easy to use. Last night I cross-compiled one of my apps that I had been using a custom qt cross environment for. I need other libs other than just Qt so it seems that mingw-cross-env is a good solution. I read in the docs that all the packages are set up for static building, but would like to have the option to dynamically link certain libs.

Since I use Qt alot, I would like to build dynamic Qt libs to start. I have already built the Qt4.7.3 libs statically from the qt.mk provided. I would like to still keep the statically built Qt, but now also want a dynamic Qt. I am thinking that if I copy qt.mk to qt-dynamic.mk and modify the -static to -shared along with any other options I want will work but there may be issues with it...How should I approach this? Or should I create a separate mingw-cross-env location with all packages built dynamically/shared?