Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gcc: why disable sjlj and libgomp ?

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gcc: why disable sjlj and libgomp ?
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 13:30:24 +0200

Alois Schlögl schrieb:
> I've problems compiling biosig with the recent version of gcc
> (specifically, tinyxml is used for reading some xml files), causing
> these error messages:
>
> win32/libbiosig.a(tinyxml.obj):tinyxml.cpp:(.text+0x4797): undefined
> reference to `___gxx_personality_sj0'
> win32/libbiosig.a(tinyxml.obj):tinyxml.cpp:(.text+0x47b0): undefined
> reference to `__Unwind_SjLj_Register'
> win32/libbiosig.a(tinyxml.obj):tinyxml.cpp:(.text+0x4860): undefined
> reference to `__Unwind_SjLj_Unregister'
> win32/libbiosig.a(tinyxml.obj):tinyxml.cpp:(.text+0x48a4): undefined
> reference to `__Unwind_SjLj_Resume'

Has the whole library been built with exactly the same GCC?

That kind of SJLJ code shouldn't have been generated in the first place.

It seems that one part of your code was compiled with the "old" GCC
(without "--disable-sjlj-exceptions") and another part with the "new" GCC
(with "--disable-sjlj-exceptions").

> The problem goes away when
>        --disable-sjlj-exceptions \
> is removed from gcc.mk, and mingw-cross-env is rebuilt. I know that
> the change was introduced here
>    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/9e757634e635
> with the comment "disable SJLJ exceptions explicitly, as those cause
> trouble".

This comment refers to the following mailing list posting:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2011-04/msg00014.html

Please have a look at the surrounding thread, too.

Greets,