Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gcc 4.6.0

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gcc 4.6.0
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 22:37:44 +0100

Mark Brand schrieb:
> The only real patching was for geos. The adjusted patch has already been
> accepted upstream, so I've noted it here:
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/8799139fb839

Thanks!

> The other issues that came up:
>
> 1. Addition of -Wno-unused-but-set-variable
> This was needed for compiling our test programs for guile, jpeg, sdl,
> sdl_mixer.
> Otherwise needed for:
> guile
> physfs
>
> 2. Removal of apparently obsolete gcc flag -mno-cygwin
> Used sed to strip from configure script.
> Needed for:
> fltk
> libdnet
> winpcap
> xvidcore
>
> 3. Removal of apparently obsolete gcc flag -no-undefined
> Used sed to strip from configure script.
> Needed for:
> exiv2
> xine-lib
>
> I'm not sure it's worth the trouble to contact the upstream projects
> about 1,2 and 3. What do you think?

I'm sure that for 2) it's really worth the trouble, so the projects
should be contacted.

For 3) I'm not sure how this "-no-undefined" option went into the
build system. Maybe those projects just need to upgrade their
autoconf or automake?

For 1), I guess it is not worth the trouble, as the extra option
for the test programs doesn't really hurt anyone.

Greets,