Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gcc 4.6.0

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gcc 4.6.0
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 21:10:51 +0100

Thanks for engaging in this!
I would like to add that it's Volker's clever system that makes it possible for one person to update the compiler and get all packages ready to use in a couple of hours. I doubt very much, for example, that this could be done with typical distributions where binaries for various targets are centrally built, packaged and published.

Part of the beauty of this system is that it's actually an "undistribution" in the sense that the distribution of even the source code of the supported packages is out of scope for mingw-cross-env.

regards,

Mark