Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Release 2.19

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Release 2.19
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 22:09:40 +1100

On 16 March 2011 14:29, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tony Theodore schrieb:
>> On 15 March 2011 08:12, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> > One thing I did notice last week (and promptly forgot about till now)
>> > is that portaudio seems to be building a shared library (grep 'shared'
>> > log/portaudio and you should see the link line). I haven't had time to
>> > investigate further, but adding SHARED_FLAGS= to the make call stops
>> > this.
>>
>> It actually makes no difference, libtool seems to ignore the option
>> (based on configure options I imagine). I've added a test program
>> (attached), should I check it in or wait?
>
> Since there's another open issue (gmp), we'll have to commit
> some stuff anyway.
>
> So please check in your test program. Also, it would be great
> if you could try to figure out this static/shared issue before
> the release.

This flag in the Makefile doesn't seem to actually do anything,
libtool only considers what was specified in configure. I've
suppressed it anyway, along with skipping the internal tests and
removing some unnecessary options:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/afff0a1be7ca

>> I think we have to do
>> something about the new version of cmake and start the test round
>> again.
>
> What exactly do you mean with "doing something about the new
> version of cmake"?

I started a new thread about some problems with the latest cmake
version as people will probably start using it during the life of this
release:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2011-03/msg00065.html