Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Issues linking with static openal and SDL

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Issues linking with static openal and SDL
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 15:27:20 +0100

Tony Theodore schrieb:

> >> Thanks for the contribution, committed:
> >>
> >> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/d42529d9a11c
> >
> > I don't know whether it is related to that fix, but OpenAL doesn't
> > build anymore under Debian/Lenny. Attached is the failing build log.
>
> There's nothing obvious in the log, other than portaudio is being
> detected and built (maybe we should add this as a dependency?).

Yes, in that case we should be add it as a dependency:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/12520f81bba7

> This
> probably means that the old OpenAL32.a and the link to libOpenAL32.a
> are still present and may be interfering with the build.

Whoops, you're right. I forgot to do a "make clean". Sorry for the noise.
I'll rebuild it again, let's see whether the issue still exists.

> I tend to use FreeBSD and Ubuntu as my minimal systems (it's working
> on both), but a stable Debian is always good to have as a base. Is the
> new Squeeze okay to check against?

I think this should be sufficient. Now that Squeeze is the official
stable, there's no need to even mention Debian/Lenny in the docs
anymore:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/a59e058e612f
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/4a75ef1f1781

I'll upgrade that test system as soon as possible.

Greets,