Attached you will find an .mk file to build the 'vigra' library, together with a .cpp file to test it. I've compiled on my Ubuntu 9.10 virtual machine, and tested the resulting .exe under Windows 7. Works like a charm!
Discussion: I wasn't sure whether this library should be called 'vigra' or 'vigraimpex'. The site refers to Vigra, mostly, and so do most compiler options, but the output is a lib called libvigraimpex.a. Header files are however written into a dir named 'vigra'. So I decided to stick with 'vigra'.
Note also that the build script could use some tweaking to disable building the docs. I couldn't find any cmake directive to disable it, just like for building a static lib. Unless I've overlooked something, a couple $(SED) commands are needed to disable the docs. For the moment, I decided not to bother doing so. For the record: I also found docs for CUnit on my system (which may be the remains from an old revision though).