Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Continue mingw64

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Continue mingw64
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 19:43:02 +1100

On 18 December 2010 17:31, Martin Gerhardy <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi
>
> libmikmod fails because the _mm_malloc function is already defined
> somewhere else. letting sed replace _mm_malloc with _mikmod_malloc fixes
> the first issue. (haven't searched where exactly this comes from)

The mingw-w64 malloc.h defines it (but mingw.org doesn't). The include
has been removed from later versions of mikmod, it's missing from even
the earliest version in the cvs tree:

http://mikmod.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mikmod/libmikmod/include/mikmod_internals.h?revision=1.1&view=markup

> ../drivers/drv_aiff.c:338:19: error: variable 'drv_aiff' definition is
> marked dllimport
>
> this is the next one - is there a guideline how to fix these? i would
> say this is a bug in upstream, because we specified --disable-shared,
> no?

It's hard to say, there's no guidelines for this, but I suspect it's a
case where the maturity of mingw.org handles more cases. The _mingw.h
from mingw-w64 defines "_DLL" [1] and you'd have to figure out how to
undef it at compile time.

[1] ./usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32/include/_mingw.h:263
/* We have to define _DLL for gcc based mingw version. This define is set
   by VC, when DLL-based runtime is used. So, gcc based runtime just have
   DLL-base runtime, therefore this define has to be set.
   As our headers are possibly used by windows compiler having a static
   C-runtime, we make this definition gnu compiler specific here.  */
#if !defined (_DLL) && defined (__GNUC__)
#define _DLL
#endif