[Mingw-cross-env-list] Naming issues with biosig

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Naming issues with biosig
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 03:40:49 +0100

Alois Schlögl <address@hidden> schrieb:
> I'm using mingw-cross-env for biosig http://biosig.sf.net.
> specifically, the biosig4c++/libbiosig part of it.
> you can include BioSig to the list of projects that use mingw-cross-env.
>
> There is still a minor nuisance, as I need to patch
> 686-pc-mingw32/include/io.h as discussed here:
> *     http://tinyurl.com/mingw-ms-c-lib-interna*
>
> Maybe you have a better solution ?

Please have a look at that URL. The MinGW people already gave
you a better option: Rename those functions in _biosig_ rather
than MinGW.

More generally, you should use a C++ namespace, or at least
a common prefix for all names. That's what all other libraries
also do. If you don't, you'll get into that kind of trouble
again and again.

Greets,