Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] linker issue

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] linker issue
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 13:38:22 +0100

swan lee <address@hidden> schrieb:
> make gcc
> i've added pthreads and glib.
>
> i'm trying to compile a library and the linker ran into this:

> /opt/mingw/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/4.5.1/../../../../i686-pc-mingw32/bin/ld:
>
> cannot find -lc
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This isn't very much information. You didn't even tell us which
library exactly you tried to build, on what system, the complete
configure/make output etc. So unless this is a really trivial
issue, nobody will be able to help you. Also, you didn't tell
us which version of mingw-cross-env you were using (latest
release, latest development version, ...?)

> so please can you tell me wich library refer -lc? i guess that is libc....
> i've tried passing -L/opt/mingw/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/4.5.1 to the
> linker, but no success...

If it's really just that, you should simply remove the "-lc"
option. That linker option is simply not necessary, as _every_
C program is linked to libc automatically.

In case this doesn't help, please provide more information.

Greets,