Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL --disable-stdio-redirect?

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL --disable-stdio-redirect?
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 15:21:03 +0100

David Bruce <address@hidden> schrieb:

> > So would anyone here on this list get in trouble if we compiled
> > SDL with --disable-stdio-redirect?
>
> At least for Tux Math and Tux Typing, I would not like to see a
> console window pop up if the programs are launched from the Start menu
> or from an icon click (or at least my users wouldn't like it - it
> wouldn't bother me ;).  If there were some way to have stdout and
> stderr go to a console only if the program was invoked from the
> command line, I would like it.

You might have overlooked Martin's hint about "-mwindows". :-)

Note that the "-mwindows" is already returned by

    i686-pc-mingw32-pkg-config --libs sdl

so an SDL application should not open a second window anyway.

So the only possible issue is that stdout/stderr might be
suppressed completely, even when the SDL application is run
from the command line (cmd.exe). Is this true, and if so: Is
this an issue for anyone?

Greets,