Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL --disable-stdio-redirect?

From: David Bruce
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL --disable-stdio-redirect?
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 16:03:32 -0500

Hi Volker et al,

> I guess this is because under Windows, it is very irritating for
> "normal users" if they start e.g. an SDL game and have to deal with
> two windows - one of which doesn't seem to serve any purpose. But I
> could be wrong in that regard. If noone complains, we should include
> that option.
>
> So would anyone here on this list get in trouble if we compiled
> SDL with --disable-stdio-redirect?

At least for Tux Math and Tux Typing, I would not like to see a
console window pop up if the programs are launched from the Start menu
or from an icon click (or at least my users wouldn't like it - it
wouldn't bother me ;).  If there were some way to have stdout and
stderr go to a console only if the program was invoked from the
command line, I would like it.

Regards,

David Bruce