Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [Off Topic] A questio about HG

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] [Off Topic] A questio about HG
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 17:28:08 +0200

DiAppoggio <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Right! I'm trying to compile an opensource project  and I have some
> issues with the latest revisions so I'm simply trying to find latest
> revision that works with my setup.

In that case, "hg update -r<rev>" is your friend. You can issue
this command as often as you like, with any revision you like.

After you're done, you can jump back to the latest revision with
a simple "hg update".

Note that local changes are preserved, as long as they don't
conflict with the upgrades/downgrades. However, in your case
you won't have local changes anyway. You can double-check this
using "hg status" or "hg diff". No modifications should be shown.

Finally, note that the repeated application of "hg update" to
find a bug is best done using a binary search strategy. This is
already automated in the "hg bisect" command, which is explained
quite well in the manual. But simply issuing the "hg update -r..."
commands by hand work pretty well, too. :-)

Greets,