Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.16

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.16
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 23:56:35 +1100

On 3 October 2010 19:58, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> I'd like to include ffmpeg [1] in this release, it's well tested and
>> the only hold-up is the new requirement for yasm. It's unavoidable and
>> has packages on all systems, so should be okay to add.
>
> That's all right with me. Please include ffmpeg, and adjust
> the requirements section / installation commands to include
> yasm.

Thanks, I've checked it in and updated the docs:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/6facaad60ee5

> Also, note that src/xine-lib.mk should be adjusted to use the new
> ffmpeg package. It's currently using an internal copy of ffmpeg.

It also seems to be able to use an external libfaad, so I enabled that also:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/2c72cb818297

> Finally, please check whether there's any other package which
> could link to ffmpeg. I currently don't know of any (except
> xine-lib), but maybe I've overlooked something.

Grepping (?) through the log files turned up Imagemagick also. It
seems to auto-detect if it's present, so I added ffmpeg to the
dependencies.

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/dccf97f2a179