Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] giflib package is miscompiled

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] giflib package is miscompiled
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 13:27:59 +0200

Dmitry Groshev <address@hidden> schrieb:
> While building new versions of libraries for MinGW for my own use, I
> used mingw-cross-env as one source of inspiration.

That's great! Feel free to propose any scripts for new libraries etc.
to us, so that others can profit from your efforts.

In case you're starting an internal shared-library fork of our
static-library mingw-cross-env, that would be interesting, too.

> The solution to this problem is simple. Tell giflib to use binary mode
> when configuring:
> "CPPFLAGS=-D_OPEN_BINARY ./configure --prefix=$PREFIX --host=$TARGET"

Note that it is usually better to produce variables like CPPFLAGS
as arguments rather than env vars to ./configure, i.e.:

    ./configure --prefix=$PREFIX --host=$TARGET CPPFLAGS='-D_OPEN_BINARY'

Anyway, thanks for your report! I just fixed that.
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/df64640d2195

Would you mind downloading the current development version and
checking whether the issue is solved by now?

    http://mingw-cross-env.nongnu.org/#development

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR