[Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.14 (was: some packages m

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.14 (was: some packages must be downloaded manually)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 23:20:30 +0200

Luis Saavedra <address@hidden> schrieb:
> mingwrt, mingwrt-dll and w32api must be downloaded manually from:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/BaseSystem/RuntimeLibrary/MinGW-RT
> and
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/BaseSystem/RuntimeLibrary/Win32-API/

Oh no, they did it again! Something similar happened last year. [1]
Let's hope their new URL schema will remain persistent. Arghh. [2]

I fixed that in our development version:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/1d61edee4ded

I could run an emergency release that fixes just the download URLs.
But Mingw-cross-env is in a quite stable state, so let's instead
simply bring forward our next regular release:

It's time for a new release!
============================

Preview:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/raw-file/595833787f8c/doc/index.html#latest-release

Please test the current development version on as many systems
as possible. I'll wait for your test results until:

    Monday  (7 June 2010)

If you need more time, just drop me a note.
Template for your reports:

    ----------------------------------
    System:         ...
    NSIS excluded?  no/yes
    Success?        no/yes
    Log file:       -
    ----------------------------------

Thank you in advance!

Greets,
Volker

[1] From the release notes:

    2009-04-06 - Release 2.5

        This release fixes a download error caused by the MinGW project.
        They suddenly changed the names of their source tarballs. That
        sort of thing should never happen!

[2] "Cool URIs don't change"
    http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI

Administrator