Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] error when compiling gcc

From: hoijui
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] error when compiling gcc
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 14:11:59 +0200

hey Tony :-)
yeah true, does not work.

what i did now:
run "make gcc", and keep configure open in the editor (gedit), with
the space removed. then constantly try to save, and when it reports
"This file was changed on disc, do you want to overwrite it?", click
Yes.
this way, it compiles. ;-)
i still have to test if it works though.

now... this definitely is not THE solution, and i surely will have
forgotten about it next time i have to compile gcc. if we were sure
that this always happens on gentoo, i guess you could add a
workaround, right? then again.. it seems to be a problem on all OS, as
you say you had the same in your log, just not as an error. maybe edit
gcc/configure automatically right after extraction from the package,
using sed or awk?
or even send a patch to the GCC source maintainers?

i still can not understand what the problem really is; why this space
hurts so much.